Meet Allan Feldt from Related Realty on Vimeo.
As a 14-year resident of Streeterville, a dedicated swim coach, and a longtime Chicago business owner, Allan Feldt brings an urban perspective, a drive for success, and significant market knowledge to his role as a broker with Related Realty.
Born and raised in South Africa, Allan graduated from the University of Cape Town and embarked on a career as director of development with Juicy Lucy, a South-African restaurant chain. Allan designed and built 44 Juicy Lucy stores in less than four years and later operated as a franchisee. Upon moving to the U.S. and settling in Chicago, he owned and operated Seattle Sutton branches in the Gold Coast and Streeterville for 15 years. In 2012, he joined Streeterville Properties Group as a real estate broker, continuing his work with the team after the firm was acquired by Related Realty in 2017.
Known for his excellent communication skills and his responsiveness and rapport with clients and fellow brokers, Allan guides clients seamlessly through the experience of buying, selling or renting a home. He understands the nuances of each Chicago neighborhood – knowledge that proves especially helpful in his work with international buyers who sometimes need additional guidance navigating the local housing market and overall closing process. Allan embraces any opportunity to work with both local clients as well as those moving from other states or countries.
A lifelong competitive swimmer, Allan takes great pride in his role as the head swim coach for the 10 Chicagoland Fitness Formula Clubs. He has coached more than 1,000 triathletes, swimmers and charity athletes.
Testimonials What clients are saying...
- "Best Realtor we have worked with ever. He saw things through our eyes and did not try to convince us to like something that we did not. Pressure free and made house hunting a fun time! Was always available for us either via email or in person. Extremely responsive and professional. I truly cannot say enough good things about him. " - Rich & Jeni S.
- "Allan was very attentive to our needs and showed us only the condos that we might be interested. He is very pleasant to work with and professional at the same time. I would highly recommend him." - Client.
- "Allan Feldt - the best real estate broker in Streeterville'. That's what I typed on the envelope of the thank-you card my husband and I gave Allan. He is truly a wonderful, kind, and considerate man whose experience and expertise is well-demonstrated. We simply felt comfortable working with Allan and we trusted his advise as he lead us through the process of selling our studio condominium. The condo was on the market for a mere four weeks when we received a serious offer, which is amazing in today’s market. He made it easy every step of the way because of his communication style. Therefore, we highly recommend Allan if you are looking to either purchase a property or sell one in Chicago. We are very satisfied with Allan’s work as a well-informed and knowledgeable real estate broker. We think you will be too." - Jan.
- "Allan helped sell my high rise condo in the Chicago Loop in a difficult situation with changing property management and an extreme winter going on suppressing the market. Being a longtime resident of the area, he knows it well and his great people skills enable him to work well with prospective buyers." - Client
- "Allan was always very responsive to us regardless of the time of the day . He is very amicable and professional at the same time. He knows his neighborhood and the surrounding area well as he also lives in downtown. We would work with him again!" - Chelsi C.
- "Allan handled our buy and sell, which can be very challenging when both closes need to occur the same day. Allan was extremely dedicated throughout the entire process. There was no issue or question he wouldn't follow through on. He truly handles each transaction as though it is his own property, with care and integrity." - Jessica P.
- "We purchased one of Allan's Gold Coast listings last Fall. He was a wealth of knowledge about the neighborhood and building. Allan was very accessible and responsive throughout the process and was always willing to meet us at the building to access the unit before closing. We did our research and felt we got a very fair price and at no time did we ever feel pressured during the process. Allan is very friendly and easily establishes a rapport with clients and all others involved in the buying and closing process. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking to buy or list a property." - Client
- "It was a great experience working with Alan to have my condo at Chicago rent out. He did a thorough job from the beginning to the end, making sure that all aspects were taken care of till the tenant moved in the unit. The unit was rented out within 3 days after the listing!" - Client.
- "I strongly recommend Allan Feldt as a realtor for selling condominiums in the Chicago - Loop area. Allan is the third realtor with whom I have worked in this location and the only one (of two) successful at selling my property. He is by far the best realtor with whom I have worked. After having mixed experiences with two prior realtors, I asked a property manager to recommend realtors. Allan was the first realtor to answer my e-mail, and he continued to be accessible throughout the time. What I felt distinguished Allan from other realtors was he was extremely good at understanding what I, as the seller wanted, and he faithfully represented me. In contrast, I felt at least one of my prior realtors had been pressuring me into arrangements I did not want. Moreover, asked Allan to recommend an attorney who did a good job. This cannot be overlooked, as real estate transactions often involve multiple parties. Furthermore, Allan also was technically competent with computers, a skill that is shockingly not found with all realtors. Finally, I not only sold my property but also sold it at 97% my asking price. I'll admit I was skeptical when Allan told me to stay at the bargaining table when a price $30 K beneath my asking price was offered. Allan logically convinced the prospective buyers to settle with a price $5 K beneath my asking price. In short, Allan has integrity, knowledge of the local market, and technical competence with computers and other media." - D.M. Boren.
- "I am grateful to have met and worked with Allan in my search for a new property. I had a tight deadline of only a month to search and move into a new location. Fortunately, by working with Allan he found the perfect property within a week. He is very comprehensive with everything he does. He is extremely knowledgable of the buildings and neighborhoods in Chicago and will identify the perfect property for you. At our first meeting, he listened to my property requirements, then hones in, and presents great options for you to choose from. He addresses any concerns you may have in a timely manner and only looks out for your best interests. He is a joy to work with and makes a stressful situation much easier to handle. I have worked with agents in New York City, throughout the Northeast, and in Chicago and he is by far the best agent I have ever worked with, whether it is to own or rent a property. Allan is very talented and an all around great person!" - Jenny S.
- "Allan did an excellent job performing a dual transaction on a very tight timeline. He was able to get me an offer on my property within 24 hours of listing and negotiated my purchase with ease. He was instrumental in dealing with the various parties involved with setting up two closings on the same day. I could not be happier with the outcome of either deal and am very happy with my new home!" - Ryan F.
- "My wife and I recently worked with Allan to purchase our first condo in Streeterville. I instantly trusted Allan because of his obvious knowledge of the neighborhood, especially our condo building, and his engaging personality. He helped us make what turned out to be a fantastic decision. Working with his recommended real estate attorney, we closed on the condo in record time with no unexpected delays. I can't recommend Allan highly enough. " - Client.
- "Allan was easy to like and very accommodating. I was certainly out of my comfort zone seeking a residence in an area I did not know and Allan made the process go smoothly. Further more he pushed to get our extremely tight timeline to work. I highly recommend Allan Feldt." - Client.
- "Allan was very helpful in locating an apartment in the Streeterville neighborhood of Chicago. I don't recall asking any questions about the area that he was not able to adequately answer, and he displayed a helpful knowledge of many of the buildings which I was considering. He was also able to point out things to check in the various units we looked out such as the sealing around tubs/showers. Additionally, he was very quick with communications, often responding within minutes to email inquiries. At one point, he agreed to meet me at a particular apartment building at which I had previously arranged a visit with just a few hours notice. He was also very good at locating properties that conformed to what I was looking for, and was able to quickly get me into an apartment. I cannot speak to his negotiation skills, as I did not have the chance to observe them. In summary, I would recommend Allan as a real estate agent." - Client.
- "I met Allan by chance, and he turned out to be exactly the person I needed for my apartment search. He is not only very good at his job, he is also very personable and friendly. He was extremely proactive and always answered my questions within a reasonable amount of time. Most importantly, he did not give up despite the fact that I was very choosy. He kept up with the fact that my requirements kept changing as I saw more places." - Client.
- "He is honest and great man to work with home. He find several place to show us based on our need. We found the place we like and help us to make sure the loan and the closing done. We travel form Washington dc area to Chicago to view the place and made a deal. He done his homework before we arrive in Chicago. I will recommend him." - Client.
- "An absolute pleasure to work with. Very knowledgeable about the local marketplace, process, and outside resources available to supplement all aspects of the transaction. Maximum effort and excellent responsiveness. I highly recommend Allan and certainly plan to utilize his services again." - Client.
- "Allan was focused on our wish list and found us a great property based our hopes and dreams!" - The Greggs