Meet Malek Abdulsamad from Related Realty on Vimeo.
A proud resident of Streeterville, Malek is an architect, urban planner and broker who enjoys living in a dense, vibrant and complex city.
Being an architect, Malek has extensive experience is designing residential and commercial properties through his past job at I.D. Architecture where he worked on a verity of projects including hotels and residential buildings.
Besides real estate, Malek is an active member of the Streeterville neighborhood organization (SOAR) contributing to the planning and real estate committees and a member of the executive board of the Chicago Central Area Committee’s Young Leaders Group.
Malek has a Master’s degree in Urban Planning and Policy from the University of Illinois at Chicago and is an American Planning Association – IL Award recipient.
Testimonials What clients are saying...
- "I have used Malek for two years and am totally impressed with his expertise and concern for clients. He had potential clients lined up and rented my condo in 48 hours. He called the association walked all the paperwork through. Best real estate agent I have ever had… his follow up is second to none. He calls or texts me within minutes." - William B.
- "Malek is professional, knowledgeable and always responsive to requests and inquires. He knows the downtown area of Chicago and the real estate trends that are important to buying or selling a home in a timely manner. He uses his knowledge to effectively maneuver appropriate pricing and his attention to detail is crucial in closing the deal!!! We enjoyed working with Malek!" - Ronda D.
- "Malek helped me sell my condo in November 2015 and he was very professional throughout the process. He provided thorough analysis of market prices, potential listing and selling price and expected cost of sale, which helped me make an informed decision on the listing price and during negotiations. With Malek’s help, we were under contract in 30 days and we sold for higher than any other similar unit in the building." - Rand A.
- "We had 48-hours to look for a property on a holiday weekend and Malek absolutely made sure to show us properties that were exactly what we were looking for. He made sure to see all the properties we wanted and he had great recommendations! Not once did we see something that wasn't appropriate. As a first time buyer, Malek then made sure that we understood the process and put us in touch with the best attorneys and contractors. A very positive experience." - Taylor T.
- "Malek was extremely accessible and helpful during the home buying and selling process. He was willing to have the difficult conversations on our behalf and represented our point of view with full integrity." - Ammar B.
- "This was our first home buying experience and we feel so fortunate to have worked with Malek. He took the time to meet with us and outline the entire process, was always available to answer any questions we had, and gave us great advice on the market. We ended up finding the perfect place for us with Malek's help and he made the entire process seamless. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to buy." - Patrick K.
- "Malek was very consistent throughout the entire home buying process. Despite having some tough luck on losing bids in the beginning of my search with the market being so competitive, Malek did a really good job of giving me fair expectations, staying patient with me, and understanding my concerns. Malek even advised me to walk away from a property I was ready to bid on when he sensed a minor level of hesitation telling me that he wanted me to buy a home that I loved and had zero reservations about, regardless of how long our search took. I would recommend Malek to anyone searching for a home in the Chicagoland area for his expertise of the market, understanding for his clients wants/needs, and commitment to his clients." - Andrew W.
- "Malek was outstanding to work with. He helped me visualize a potential completed project at each property that was considered. Was a troubleshooter throughout the entire process and thoroughly professional." - Client