Meet Gail Spreen from Related Realty on Vimeo.
Gail Spreen has been a real estate broker since 1994 and a certified real estate appraiser from 1994 to 2007. Gail has focused her career entirely on the Chicago market working with large developers in the City and specializing in the Streeterville neighborhood and downtown core. Gail had her own firm, Streeterville Properties, from 1994 until 2017 when she recently merged her firm with Related Realty.
Gail received her MBA from Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Business in 2005 with majors in real estate management, marketing and entrepreneurship. She represents a true real estate professional with disciplines and market knowledge to assist her clients in all aspects of their home buying and selling experience.
Gail is proud to call Streeterville home and is extremely active in both the residential and business communities. As five time President of SOAR, the Streeterville Organization of Active Residents, Gail is continually working to preserve Streeterville as a neighborhood. She works with the City Departments and developers to make improvements to their projects that will enhance and improve the neighborhood and create value for the entire area.
“Streeterville is experiencing an exciting transitional period with many new developments in progress. As it evolves from its industrial past towards a residential future we have a unique opportunity to be a force of inspiration and change in what is the greatest and most recognizable neighborhood in Chicago. I am honored to be in a position to affect changes that will impact the landscape of Streeterville, and forever make it a better place for all those who choose to live and work here.”
Gail is also very involved in the Magnificent Mile Association and the Streeterville Chamber of Commerce. She has been on the Board of Directors for the Magnificent Mile Association and served on several committees creating a market data report on the downtown area, working to keep traffic and transportation flowing and the public way beautiful and pleasing for the residents and visitors.
Recognized by her peers as an industry leader and expert in downtown Chicago real estate, Gail is routinely invited to speak at real estate forums and for neighborhood community groups. Various real estate publications, media and community newsletters seek Gail’s expertise to speak and contribute articles relating to Chicago’s real estate market and the Streeterville neighborhood. Gail holds herself to the highest standards. Her expert knowledge of the business of real estate and the Streeterville neighborhood make her an invaluable asset to anyone thinking about real estate in Streeterville. She is a loyal advocate for her neighborhood, and her neighbors, present and future.
BOARDS & COMMITTEES
SOAR, Streeterville Organization of Active Residents
Board of Directors – 2003 to present
Past President – 2006 to 2009, 2013 to 2015
Chair & Co-Chair of the Real Estate Committee – 2003 to present
Magnificent Mile Association
Co-Chair of Data Committee, produced the Michigan Avenue By The Numbers Report
Traffic and Transportation Committee – 2003 to present
Public Way Committee – 2003 to present
CAR, Chicago Association of Realtors
Chair and Vice Chair of the Public Policy Coordinating Committee – 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2018
CAR Board of Directors – 2015
CityView Condominium Association, 440-480 N. McClurg Ct.
Board of Directors, Secretary – 2001 to present
CCEMA, CityFront Center East Maintenance Association
Board of Directors – 1999 to 2007, 2010 to present
Jane Addams Memorial Park Advisory Council
Board of Directors – 2017
Board of Directors – 2010 to present
Testimonials What clients are saying...
- "Gail is very pleasant, extremely savvy and very professional. She is very good with people including prospective buyers and can think on her feet under pressure. With her in-depth experience and active community involvement, she has a very strong grasp of the market. Her advice and guidance during the process was invaluable. I have and will continue to recommend her to friends and family." - Jackie G.
- "Gail is a true professional! She handles all transactions professionally, efficiently and timely. Gail goes beyond expectations to meet client needs. She is a delightful!" - Marianne B.
- "I have been trying to find a condo in Streeterville for sometime. I was having bad luck with running into unprofessional agents. She was a dream come true. She and her entire staff were so wonderful to work with. She is a true professional and now a great friend as well. She listened to my needs and found what my family and I needed. Thanks to Gail we now live in a wonderful condo near a good school for my kids and I can walk to work. Thank you for everything." - Jonathan.
- "Gail was so wonderful to work with. We were looking to buy our first home. Gail walked us through the process and held us find the perfect home. She knew what we wanted and was able to find us a home within our budget." - Peter D.
- "Clearly very experienced, knowledgeable, and very supportive throughout our sale. We appreciated her extra ideas when we were having trouble finding a buyer." - Faizi J.
- "Gail is calm and decisive. Curve balls and fussy buyers don't faze her. Worked well with my attorney and got the job done requiring a minimum of effort on my part." - Client
- "I wanted to formally thank you for all of the work that you put in on my behalf finding this apartment with me. Your professionalism and your hard work were greatly appreciated throughout the course of the transaction. " - Dean S.
- "Gail knows real estate. Period. Not only did she sell my place in 2 days, it was at a price higher than I was expecting, and I learned a lot about the process working with her. There were no negative surprises working with Gail. Only positive ones." - Michael K.
- "Was very pleased that I had selected Gail to help navigate me through the buying process. She has a great deal of knowledge about the local area real estate and was very easy to communicate with." - Charles G.