Michael Murphy from Related Realty on Vimeo.
Michael Murphy has been a licensed real estate broker since 2005 and is the Lead Broker of The Burnham Group, an experienced team of brokers with a concentration on the South Loop. He and his group believe in maintaining strong ties to the neighborhood they serve, including a long-term sponsorship commitment to Old St. Mary’s Parish and School, as well as a continued effort to improve the public education opportunities within their great neighborhood.
The South Loop is not only where Michael has focused his career but it is also where he proudly calls home. He has been a homeowner in the neighborhood for more than a decade, allowing him to offer clients an unmatched level of market knowledge, service and integrity. In 2014, his group sold a record volume and had an unprecedented 100.4% list-to-sell ratio, meaning the sale price exceeded the list price, putting more money into his sellers’ pockets. Michael also has an average market time far less than his peers at only 20 days, versus the median market time of 86 days. Selling your home in less time means more time to focus on your next move.
Michael makes a significant investment in the properties he sells. Prior to placing a home on the market, he works with sellers to optimize the presentation of their home, identify their target market, develop a strategic plan, analytically assess the market value, and prepare customized marketing materials including professional photography, brochures, floor plans and email outreach. Once listed, Michael offers a comprehensive mix of high-quality print and web-based advertising venues as well as email feedback after each showing. The use of social media has become a valuable tool in the market; maximum exposure and getting in front of prospective buyers is The Burnham Group’s focus. As a result of utilizing these opportunities to promote clients’ listings, they are the proven leaders in the neighborhood.
Prior to his career in real estate, Michael earned his degree in Economics and worked as a marketing executive in both the music and motorcycle racing industries. He has studied interior design and has applied that knowledge to clients’ homes at their request. Michael has served on the Auxiliary Board for the Shedd Aquarium and is a fundraiser for the Chicago Police Memorial Foundation. Michael enjoys playing tennis, sailing, scuba diving and traveling. He is currently building a second home in Domincal, Costa Rica.
Testimonials What clients are saying...
- "Mike is a results driven professional that doesn't allow the normal hurdles that come up in the course of business get in the way of taking care of his client's interests. Mike also understands the importance of relationships which he has spent decades growing. Mike is able to bring to bear these relationships with other professionals to add real value and enhance the services he provides." - Patrick Kennelly, Owner, Phoenix Rising Management Group, LTD.
- "I've met Michael several times through industry sponsored programs and events and always found him to be a kindred spirit. He is an enterprising young professional at the top of his game, working with great enthusiasm and a forward thinking approach to his business. He is a skilled negotiator with a thoughtful approach to both his clients and colleagues alike. Michael is full of great ideas and he's committed to honing and enhancing his knowledge through further study and research. " - Nicholas Apostal, Principal Broker - The Apostal Group at Coldwell Banker Lincoln Park Plaza.
- "Michael is a great business to business partner. He has a warm and clear communication style. Client satisfaction is a top priority with Michael which makes projects run smoothly. Once you find a resource like Michael you don't have to look elsewhere." - William Collins, Senior Designer at the Kohler Store.
- "In 2006/7 you couldn't walk outside without tripping over a real estate agent, there were so many, and most were highly forgettable. Michael shone right from the beginning, and was clearly light years ahead of the pack in terms of a fast macro and micro economic grasp of the marketplace, an authenticity, and an unbelievable work ethic and energy. Aside from this, he really cares, and that component in real estate can't be manufactured. Other agents respect him, like to work with him, and this professional charisma and reputation will be highly beneficial to his clients. You cannot go wrong by working with him." - Francesca Rose, Top 1% luxury real estate broker - Chicago, Francesca Rose team.
- "Michael is a pleasure to work with. He looked out for our best interests, identifying pros and cons of each property we looked at and never tried to rush us into making a decision. I will be recommending Michael to my friends without any hesitations." - Vijay Motiramani, VP - Consulting Services at The SAVO Group.
- "Michael is not only working outside of his usual area for us to find just the right home, he pushes himself to always be one step ahead of us. Before we even pose a question, he's usually done his research prior to and if not is on top of it with in 24 hours. Besides doing his job well, he has funny stories to tell and there is not an ounce of pretentiousness about him." - Alyssa Miserendino , Artist, Photographer & Interior Design Consultant at Alyssa Miserendino.
- "I have worked with many Realtors over the past few years but found that Michael's niche in the South loop area was exactly what was needed for me to make a good decision about my potential purchase. Very knowledgeable and worked very well for me." - Bill Bellah CEO, Compass Chemical International LLC.
- "Mike is an exceptional real estate agent and the type of agent that every seller hopes for: dedicated, honest, and effective. His materials promoting our house were first rate, his advice was always spot-on, and he navigated the market with skill and, more importantly, with confidence and calm that is indispensable. We sold our house quickly and for a good price. I cannot praise him highly enough and I recommend him in the strongest possible terms." - Allen Romano Assistant Professor at Florida State University.